With organized sports activities beginning as early as age four, the opportunity for injury throughout the childhood years is enormous. This is why sports injuries are the second leading cause of emergency room visits for children and adolescents, and the second leading cause of injuries at school.
When injuries happen, give us a call.
We have same day appointments available and our patients will be seen by an MD or ANP. We will do a clinical assessment and management of minor sports trauma. By only performing test, x-rays and referring to specialist when needed, our services are more efficient and will save you time and money.
We can evaluate and treat:
- Sprains and strains (anywhere except the neck/cervical region)
- Minor dislocations (fingers and toes)
- Painful, swollen or injured joints such as knees, elbows, ankles and shoulders, Foot and ankle injuries
- Acute pain such as sudden back pain ( no neck injuries - go to the E.R. for possible CT scan)
- Minor cuts and lacerations
- Casting of closed arm fractures